The University of Oulu International Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to academically talented international students studying for a Bachelor's or Master’s degree at the University of Oulu. The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50%, 75% or 100% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu Scholarships do not cover living costs.
100% tuition fee programme for International Students at University of Oulu
- Up to 100% tuition fee
- 20 January 2021
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu Scholarship 2021-2022, if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee. The scholarship application will be processed only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria. University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once.
Citizens of EU/EEA countries or Switzerland
Citizens of European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland studying in an international Bachelor's and Master's Programme at the University of Oulu are not required to pay tuition fees.
Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries
Students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland are liable to pay the tuition fee.
Exceptions to this general rule are students who
- are equivalent to an EU citizen (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- have a continuous or permanent residence permit card in Finland (type A or P permit)
- have an EU residence permit for third-country citizens with long-term residence permit card in Finland (type P-EU permit)
- are a family member (spouse or child) of an EU/EEA citizen (have a residence card for non-EU family members of EU citizens)
- have an EU blue card in Finland
Do you wish to become an international student next year?
Demonstrate your English skills with IELTS.
50%, 75% or 100% of the full tuition fee.
There is no separate application system for the International Scholarship. Applications for the International Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.