UK offers a variety of funding options for students all over the world. High tuition costs, competition between students and the great demand for scholarships may seem discouraging at first, but knowing where to look is a great start for receiving financial aid for your studies. The following article focuses on how an international student coming from China can receive help to cover his or her study expenses.
Here are a few helpful tips about how to receive a scholarship if you are a Chinese student who plans to study in the UK:
1. Make sure you meet the basic requirements for receiving a scholarship. The main requirements include proof that you are a citizen of the People’s Republic of China, a letter of admission to a university in the UK and holding the necessary English language qualifications.
2. Search for a study programme in UK that offers scholarships. Find your desired study programme by clicking on www.bachelorsportal.eu, www.mastersportal.eu, or www.phdportal.eu, selecting your study destination as UK and your desired study subject. Select a study programme from the list and click on the “More” tab, to find information about programme scholarships. You will also find a link to the programme website where you can read additional information.
3. Find a list of international student scholarships on our scholarship portal: www.scholarshipportal.eu
4. Check with the Chinese government for possible scholarship partnerships with the UK.
5. Contact a private or non-profit organization offering scholarships to Chinese students in the UK. Here are some organizations awarding financial aid to Chinese students in the UK:
- The Great Britain-China Centre is a not-for-profit organisation that promotes mutual understanding between the UK and China.
- A significant amount of PhD scholarships are offered by the China Scholarship Council (CSC), an organization affiliated with the Chinese Ministry of Education.
- The British Council is an organization in the UK promoting British education around the world. The British Counsel offers scholarships to international students from all over the world who come to study in the UK, including Chinese citizens.
- Great Britain-China Educational Trust offers scholarships for Chinese students studying in the UK through different educational programmes.
6. Don’t forget to check if you qualify for other forms of financial aid on basis of gender, religion, political affiliation, race, special needs or others.
7. If you can’t get a scholarship, try to find ways to lower your accommodation expenses. This way you will have more money to spend on tuition fees and additional living costs.
8. You may also consider a form of long-term educational loan to cover your study expenses. For example, Career Development Loans are especially designed for international studies. Ask schools or career advisors in China or the UK.
9 .Check out the one-time StudyPortals scholarship.
Don’t let finances stand in the way of your future! Make a plan, arm yourself with patience, do your research, and you can become an international student in UK – one of the top educational destinations of the world.