Between two and six one-off travel bursaries ranging from a minimum of £1,000 to a maximum of £3,000 for each bursary, will be awarded, on merit, to students studying the following:
- Marketing Management
- Tourism Management
- Event & Festival Management
- Hospitality Management
- Interactive Media Design
- Environmental Development & Research
This will allow students to take unpaid work placements in their chosen field or to do a semester overseas.
It will give recipients an opportunity to develop and enhance their potential as prospective employees, or provide entrepreneurial opportunities through:
- Development of a business or research proposal
- Product development / prototyping
- Travel and living costs associated with a professional work placement (in the UK for students from China, Macau or Hong Kong and vice-versa).