Criminology Scholarships for Foreign Researchers i...
Criminology Scholarships for Foreign Researchers in Germany
The Max Planck Institute is offering Criminology Scholarships for foreign researchers. These scholarships are typically granted for a period of between two and four months.
The Department of Criminal Law dedicated primarily to German, foreign, and comparative criminal law, criminal procedure, and international criminal law. It is divided into country sections and topical sections.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Preference is given to those researchers whose work promotes and advances the goals of the research program and the research focuses of the Institute.
Test your English
Prepare for your study by taking the most popular and most accepted English language proficiency test. Book an IELTS test
The Max Planck Society grants scholarships of various amounts in line with the academic qualifications of the applicant:
- Doctoral scholarships for foreign doctoral students provide 1,365 EUR per month (as of 12/2012; subject to change),
- Post-doctoral scholarships for foreign post-doctoral researchers provide 2,100 EUR per month (as of 12/2012; subject to change), and
- Research scholarships for foreign professors provide 2,300 EUR per month (as of 12/2012; subject to change).
Travel expenses to and from Freiburg are not covered by the scholarship. The Max Planck Institute does not, as a rule, reimburse for travel expenses. If travel expenses are particularly high, we recommend that the applicant seeks assistance from appropriate international organisations.
To apply for a scholarship from the Max Planck Society, please fill out and submit the questionnaire, along with copies of the required documents specified therein. Please attach to your application copies of the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Research plan
- University transcript
- Doctoral diploma
- Marriage certificate (if applicable); Viscum of husband or wife
- Birth certificate of your child/ren
- Residence permit
- Proof of health insurance